- Provide leadership on issues of regional, state and national concern to libraries.
- Encourage and assist in the formation and continued growth of Friends of Libraries.
- Enhance the effectiveness of Friends of Libraries.
- Create a network for sharing information among Friends of Libraries.
- Promote awareness on library issues and advocate for state funding to libraries throughout the Commonwealth.
- Assist Friends of Libraries in hosting roundtable discussions on important subjects.
- Sponsor workshops for Friends of Libraries on critical issues.
- Recognize the wonderful work of Friends of Libraries across the state.
MFOL Membership Application
MFOL Board of Directors
MFOL Guide To Legal Issues For Friends Groups
MFOL Supports "Project Alert"
MFOL Advocacy Resources
MFOL Newsletter (Winter 2013)
MFOL Newsletter (Fall 2012)
MFOL Newsletter (Spring 2012)
MFOL Newsletter (Winter 2012)
MFOL Newsletter (Summer 2011)
MFOL Newsletter (Winter 2011)
MFOL Newsletter (Fall 2010)
MFOL Newsletter (Winter 2010)
MFOL Newsletter (Fall 2009)
MFOL on Social Media:
MFOL on Facebook
MFOL on Twitter
Friends Sharing with Friends 2013
Saturday, March 9, 2013. 10:00 AM to 1:15PM
Walpole Public Library, 143 School St.,Walpole, MA 02081
Please note the building opens at 10:00 AM. We will begin promptly at 10:15 AM. Refreshments will be served.
James Fox, President of the Friends of the Somerville Public Library, will talk about how their group successfully uses social media as an advocacy tool including rules of thumb for engagement in social media. He will also highlight the programs the Friends of the Somerville Public Library have created to connect with different audiences, and touch on the idea of the library as community space.
Brandy King, a social-media-award winning librarian and the owner of Knowledge Linking, will provide information on how to talk, when to talk and what to talk about in order to create an engaging Facebook presence. You will see examples of successful pages from both in- and out-side the library world, and walk away with concrete ideas for connecting with your audience.
We’ll conclude with a panel presentation of your fellow Friends discussing successful Fundraising events including playing mini-golf and croquet in the library! Please bring your ideas, including handouts, to share with the group.
Everyone is invited to attend including Friends, trustees and library staff. Friends Sharing with Friends is sponsored by The Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners and the Massachusetts Friends of Libraries.
Admission is free but registration is required.
To register please call or email Sharon Zitser (MBLC) 1-800-952-7403 x252 email@example.com