- Advocates with the legislature to fund services that help you serve your patrons.
- Ensures you have access to a network of colleagues from across the state.
- Provides tools and support when your library faces an intellectual freedom challenge.
- Offers members discounted rates for the Association’s annual conference.
- Informs you about important news through its newsletter, Bay State Libraries, and website www.masslib.org.
To join MLA, simply fill out this application and either pay online with a credit card, or print out the form to send along with your check.
If you are already an MLA member and need to renew, simply log into the site, update your information, and process your renewal!
If you were a member under the old database, you may need to change your membership status from "Imported" to the current member level. If you have any trouble, please feel free to contact our office at 781-275-7729 or email@example.com.
Members include librarians, library employees, libraries, students, friends, trustees, vendors and others who care about libraries.
MLA offers dozens of ways to make new contacts and share information with other members. If you want to improve your skills, meet people who share your interests or simply support libraries in Massachusetts…
Join MLA Today!
Other Membership Benefits
MLA is working hard to increase the value that you receive with your membership. Here are just a few current projects:
Online Master’s in Library Science through Drexel - special rates for MLA members: MLA members receive a discount on distance education courses taken through Drexel University. An academic member currently taking advantage of this benefit says, “The generosity of the discount is definitely a factor in my decision to join MLA.” She is saving 20% on each course thanks to MLA!
MLA Members can post to the MLA email discussion list by sending a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org.